Do you have concerns about a particular workplace health and safety issue? Not sure where to begin to improve the health of your workplace? Unsure of your rights and responsibilities?
We can help.
We offer worker-focused courses that are designed to give workers a better understanding of your Health and Safety rights and responsibilities, and give you tools for making your workplace safer.
Our courses are developed and delivered in collaboration with unions and community organizations throughout the province, and range in length and scope depending on your needs and available time.
*Please note that we do NOT offer standardized or certificate training courses such as WHMIS, First Aid or Fall Protection.
We are able to provide the following workshops/courses, and can come to your organization:
Your Health and Safety Rights at Work
- 2-3 hour workshop on workers’ rights and responsibilities
- Focus on worker participants’ own experiences in the workplace
- Information on workers’ rights under Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety law, including the Right to Refuse Dangerous Work
- Resource hand-outs for further information and help
Resource Person Training
- We can work with you or someone from your organization to increase their capacity to help other workers learn about their Health and Safety rights and responsibilities
- Useful for front-line workers and community members who are interested in helping others in their community/workplaces
- Includes information from “Your Health and Safety Rights at Work”, plus additional content to help you become a better Resource Person for other working people you know
Union Health and Safety Activist Training
- For new and experienced workers alike, who want to become more involved and active in their own workplace health and safety
- Information on rights, responsibilities, hazards, and worker-focused principles of hazard elimination and control
- Practical tools for Health and Safety Committee members
- Courses can be developed in partnership with your union local and are also offered at labour schools organized by District Labour Councils, Alberta Federation of Labour, and Canadian Labour Congress
We are also able to provide workshops/presentations on other health and safety topics depending on needs and our availability. We will work with you to organize a course that works best for you and other workers, with a goal of making all our courses accessible and inclusive to a diversity of working people.
Contact us for more info.