Consultation & Public Review Sessions for CSA Proposed Standard Z2004
Register today – Consultation & Public Review Sessions for CSA Proposed Standard Z2004
The Canadian Standards Association (CSA Group) is developing a new National Standard of Canada (NSC), Mental Health and Well-Being in Long-term Care and Assisted Living Settings (CSA Z2004). CSA Z2004 will provide guidance for the planning, development, and implementation of services, programs, training, policies, procedures, and practices to help support the mental health and well-being of residents in long-term care and assisted living settings. Topics include guiding principles, organizational commitments, quality improvement, workforce, design, therapeutic recreational programs, relationship building, critical incident management, support for residents with mental health conditions, and considerations for younger residents. Dr. Julia Kirkham, a geriatric psychiatrist, is the Technical Subcommittee Chair and leads the standard development work for CSA Group.
To support the content of the proposed standard, CSA Group will be conducting public consultation activities throughout the standard public review process. The draft CSA Z2004 will be available online for a 60-day public review and comment period from September 18th until November 17th, 2023.
Virtual consultation and public review information sessions to help inform the content of the standard and to explain the public review process are scheduled for the following dates:
- Friday, September 22nd, 2023 (1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST) – Session for workers and management, including those who are predominantly involved in the delivery of long-term care (e.g., nurses, health care providers, personal support workers, etc.) as well as those involved in assisted living settings. Registration deadline: September 20th, 2023.
- Friday, October 13th, 2023 (1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST) – Session for residents of long-term care or assisted living settings, as well as their families and care partners. Registration deadline: October 11th, 2023.
- Friday, October 20th, 2023 (1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST). – Session for members of Indigenous Communities, including elders, persons living in long-term care or assisted living settings, their families and care partners, as well as those who are predominantly involved in the delivery or management of long-term care for Indigenous Communities. Registration deadline: October 18th, 2023.
- Friday, October 27th, 2023 (1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EST). Session for residents aged 18-64 who live in a long-term care or an assisted living setting, as well as their families and care partners. Registration deadline: October 25th, 2023.
During these voluntary 2-hour sessions held over Zoom, we will walk you through the CSA public review site and highlight key sections of the draft CSA Z2004 to help you navigate the standard and provide your input. Breakout sessions on specific topics will be held to ensure equal participation and collaboration from all participants.
Benefits of participation
· Provide recommendations that will help inform the content of CSA Z2004.
· Provide perspective and lived experience regarding long-term care issues that are important to you or to your organization.
· Stay informed of developments in this important area in Canada.
· Collaborate and build relationships with participants.
Registration link: Please register by the date indicated for the consultation and public review information sessions (you may participate in more than one) here https://promo.csagroup.org/l/463802/2023-08-16/j3r42
For any questions, please contact:
Project Manager Health Care and Well-being
Phone: 514 428-2400 ext. 52236